Put on Your Walking Shoes
Come and enjoy a walkabout downtown. Learn and visualize by PowerPoint photos presented on an Apple iPad.
West Side Water Power Canal Tour
Covering the right bank of the river from the Fish Ladder in the north to the Grand Rapids & Indiana Railroad “Blue” bridge, a distance of three-quarters of a mile.
East Side Water Power Canal Tour
From the dam at Fourth Street to just north of Lyon Street the East Side Water Power Canal covered of XXX feet along the left bank of the Grand River. Approved for construction in 1835 it wouldn't be until 1842 before it would be completed.
Monroe Center Architecture Tour
Stretching from Pearl St to the northwest and Division Ave to the southeast, Monroe Center Street, once known as Monroe Avenue is the oldest street in downtown Grand Rapids. It began as a Native American Indian trail beginning at the Grand Rivers edge where natives portaged their canoes along the natural channel formed by an island off the rapids and heading southeast through the city.